Learn to install an air horn
Unlike a factory car horn, an air horn uses an air compressor to make a much louder sound. The problem with installing such a device is the law, which may interdict it so be sure this is legal.
Follow these steps:
- Locate where you want to place the horn, making sure it faces downward and toward the front of the car.
- Use the mounting hardware you are provided with and the self-tapping screws to install the horn. Excessive heat and moisture may damage the horn, so avoid these places. Avoid moving parts as well.
- Using the required hardware mount the compressor to a fender or firewall. Connect the tubing provided to the horn again avoiding components that are hot or that move.
- Locate the horn wire and test it with a multimeter. Follow the instructions provided to securely connect the wire to the relay.
- The compressor’s negative terminal should be connected to ground. When finished press the horn button to test them.
|air compressor, horn mounting hardware, horn wire, install an air horn|