Clean the brake shoes of oil
There are vehicles that use hydraulics for the brakes. These brakes use oil that might eventually leak because of the seals wearing. The leak goes to the brake shoes that are affected by this and might crack.
To do this follow this steps:
- Use a ratchet to only loosen the lug nuts that hold the wheel you wish to clean.
- Use a floor jack to lift the wheel.
- Now you can remove the wheel completely.
- Behind the wheel there is a drum. Remove it.
- Take a drain pan and place it beneath the brakes.
- To protect the components of the wheel cylinder cover them with a plastic wrap.
- Spray using the brake cleaner the brake shoes and other components. Do this until they are completely clean.
- Do step 4-7 to all the shoes.
- Now it’s time to replace the drum back on the system after removing the plastic wrap from the cylinder. Make sure the drum is fitted perfectly.
- Put back the wheel and tighten the lug nuts.
- Get the vehicle down.
- Fully tighten the lug nuts now.
|adjuster level, adjuster screw, backing plate, brake clean spray, brake drum, car brake shoes, change the brake shoes, drum brakes, jug nut, parking brake, parking brake lever, rear wheels, replace brake shoes, retractor spring, trailing shoe|