How to change the oil on your car
The thing making your car working efficiently is the engine oil. Changing it is not even a hard thing to do by yourself. The reason oil needs changing is because it uses over time and its lubrication properties are diminished so to protect the parts inside the engine, fresh oil is needed.
Follow these steps:
- The oil filter cap needs to be loosened while the oil drains out.
- Look below the car for the oil drain plug. Use a container under it and some paper beneath it to drain the oil.
- Unscrew the drain plug using hard force, and be careful for oil starting to drop.
- Now, after the oil drained completely, locate the oil filter again and put the container beneath it. To remove the oil filter plug use an oil filter wrench.
- When you but back the oil drain plug, make sure you put some fresh oil on the threads. Again use an adjustable wrench to tighten it.
- Do the same thing to the new oil filter and the rubber gasket. But you will have to tighten it by hand.
- Now it’s time to change the oil. Pour fresh oil inside the engine and wait a little before consulting the dipstick. Make sure you pour the quantity recommended by the user manual.
- Put back the cap on the oil filter and clean up the place where you did the job. Check for leaks.
|how to change the engine oil, oil container, oil drain, oil drain plug, oil filter, oil filter cap, oil filter plug, oil lubrication, rubber gasket|