Learn the bleeding process for a car brake
One of the things you mustn’t forget when changing the brakes is to bleed them. This way the air inside the brake lines will be removed.
Follow these steps:
- Take the car on a level surface and pull the emergency brake.
- Start with the back of the car. Raise the car and remove the tires after loosening the lug nuts.
- Locate the brake fluid reservoir and remove its cap. Get a partner to press the brake pedal so that the fluid will start pumping.
- Don’t let go of the pedal. Tighten the bolt back when all the air is out. Now let go of the pedal.
- Add more fluid if needed.
- Put the tire back in place, fix the lug nut and put the car back down.
- Do the same thing for the remaining wheels.
|bleed the automotive brakes, bleeder screw, brake fluid, caliper housing, contaminated brake fluid|