Learn the steps to bleed the disk brakes
The first symptom that the brakes need bleeding is when the pedal feels soft or spongy. This way the air from the brake lines is released. This is a one person job but if you can you should get a partner to help you.
Now, follow these steps:
- Raise the car using a floor jack and maybe choke the tires. Now put the jack stand on.
- Take the wheel off and loosen the bleeder screw.
- While your partner pushes the brake pedal, catch the fluid in a container. At the end of every third pump refill the brake fluid reservoir.
- Again while the pedal is still pressed tighten the bleeder screw. After that release the pedal.
- Repeat these steps until the fluid stream is smooth enough. Finally tighten the bleeder screw and get the car down with the wheels mounted.
|bleed the automotive brakes, bleeder screw, brake fluid, caliper housing, contaminated brake fluid|