Learn to adjust you electric trailer brakes
To assure your trip will be safety you must have well-adjusted brakes on your trailer. Usually the brakes are controlled by the tow vehicle. But in order to have a safe drive you need to adjust your brake shoes.
Follow these steps:
- Park the car on flat ground and place chocks on the wheels to the opposite side you will work on. Use a floor jack to raise the car with the wheel slightly off the ground.
- On the outside of the brake drum backing plate you will find the rubber access plug. Pry it out with a flat screwdriver
- Start rotating the wheel like it move forward. You have to tighten the star adjustment wheel to the moment you feel braking pressure.
- While moving the wheel in the same direction rotate the star adjuster in the opposite direction as the first time until the wheel rotates easily. Put back the rubber plug.
- Put down the car and repeat the actions for all the wheels.
|adjust brakes, adjust the electric trailer's brake, adjustment plug, backing plates, brake chamber, emergency brake, manually adjust brakes, rear drum brake, wheel chock|