Oil Changing – Volkswagen 2.0 Engine
The normal 2.0 liter engine was used in 2002 for some Volkswagen models. It is a basic engine that concentrates on reliability and fuel economy.
These steps will help you to change the oil:
- Make sure the oil is only warm but not hot! Place the car on a flat surface then.
- Use a floor jack to lift the car then get it down on the jack stands.
- Put a container bellow the engine. Remove the plug on the oil drain and let the oil pour inside the container. Wait 10 minutes.
- Now put back the oil drain plug using a torque wrench.
- Locate the oil filter and remove it. Let it drain inside the container by placing it upside down.
- Put a little fresh oil on the rubber gasket on the new filter for lubrication. Install the new filter on the engine.
- Now it’s time to pour the fresh oil in the engine. About 4.4 quarts should be enough but check the oil dipstick anyway. Get the car off the jacks and wait a little. Now you can drive your car. If needed pour some more oil after you’ve driven the car a little.
|dipstick, floor jack, jack stand, oil change, oil change on a 2.0 Volkswagen, oil container, oil drain plug, oil filter wrench|