Cleaning a carburetor on a scooterThe bellow directions will help you clean the carburetor in the cheapest way. If you are a beginner it may take you 30-60 minutes.
What to use: moped, carb cleaner, compressed air, small copper wire, screwdriver, rag.
- Find the location of the carburetor. Usually it’s located underneath the seat storage, above the engine.
- Loosen the hose clamps and attach it to the engine ant to the air intake. Pay attention while doing this, as you will have to remember how to put it back.
- Take a rag and and put it underneath the carburetor assembly in order to catch the drains or the small parts that exist. Unscrew the carburetor bowl and find the jets – they look like 2 small screw heads.
- Remove the jets and use a carb cleaner spray to clean the jets holes. Put the jets back.
- Put the bowl back and reassemble the hoses.
|carb cleaner spray, carburetor assembly, cleaning a scooter carburetor, hose clamps, scooter, scooter carburetor, scooter engine|