Painting a motorcycle rimBellow you can find some tips for painting the rims of a motorcycle.
What to use: paint tape, wheel and rim paint, wheel and rim clear coat paint, tools to remove rim, an area in which to paint and allow the rim to dry, paint brush, mineral spirits.
- Take off the rims from the motorcycle and find the area where you can paint.
- Utilize a paint brush for applying the aircraft stripper and a rag for wiping off the loosened layers.
- Do the previous step until the paint is removed completely.
- Soak a rag into mineral spirits and wipe the rim with it.
- Spray a thin layer of paint using an easy spray rattle can of primer. Take WET 1000 grit sandpaper for sanding down the imperfections. After this layer is dried apply a second layer. repeat the steps until you obtain the desired color.
- Let the rims dry and then take a cloth and scratch removal wax in order to protect the rim and to make it shine.
|applying an aircraft stripper, motorcycle rims, painting a motorcycle rim, rims, sandpaper, shinny rims, wiping off the loosened paint layers|