Repainting a scooterIt’s not a difficult thing to paint the scooter by yourself. You just have to have the right paint, to prepare the painting surfaces and to pay attention so that you can reassemble the scooter when you finish.
What to use: drop cloth 8 short two-by-fours, masking tape, paint stripper, sponge, paint scraper, 110-grit sandpaper, paint primer, spray paint (metal or plastic), clear coat, wax polishing cloth.
- Take off the parts that you have to paint and put them on a cloth. Pay attention so they won’t touch.
- Cover the emblems that you don’t want to paint with a masking tape.
- Put the paint stripper in each piece and spread it with a sponge until it is properly covered. Wait for 30 minutes.
- Take a paint scrapper and take the paint off. Use a 110-grit sandpaper for sanding off the remaining paint.
- Take water and rinse the pieces. Let them dry for 30 minutes.
- Take each piece and coat it with paint primer. Start from the center of the piece. Let it dry for 15 minutes and then apply the second coat. You have to apply 3 coats.
- Apply 4 coats of color and leave each coat to dry for about 30 minutes.Start from the center and, in a circular manner, work out towards the edges.
- Use a clear coat and apply 3 layers. Let each coat dry for 30 minutes.
- Use wax for each painted piece. Let it dry for 10 minutes. Take a polishing rug and in circular motion remove the excess wax. It’s important to press hard while polishing in order to obtain a lasting shine.
|paint scrapper, paint stripper, preparing the painting surfaces, reassembling a scooter, repainting a scooter, rinsing the pieces, scooter, taking off the scooter parts, wax|