Means to fix car fendersThe fixing of a fender on your car depends on the size of the damage made. Also, according to its size you will know what tools you will be using. It may take a lot of tome to fix it in case is the damage is big, or it may take less time if the damage is not that big.
What to Use: jack, jack stands, lug wrench, wrench, screwdriver, a suction cup of type hand-held, hammer and dolly, vice-grip pliers.
Taking off the Fender
- It’s recommended to have a good support for the end of the car when using the jack to raise the damaged end of the car.
- Take off the wheel and open the hood and the door on the damaged side. Install the fasteners that you are going to need for the fender.
- Use a screwdriver, Torx wrench or lug wrench to remove the splash shield.
- Use a steady stick to support the hood in order to be able to disconnect all the parts that are connected to it.
- Use a normal wrench or a Torx/Allen wrench to remove the fasteners of the fender which can be found in the external edge of the engine compartment.
- Avoid scratching any other part of the car while lifting the fender off the car body. Two people may be need to help you with this operation.
Fixing the Dents
- When the fender is connected to the car, pull on the dent using a large suction cup with a handle to pull the dent outward. Begin at the outer edges of the dent and then work your way inward.
- In order to avoid protrusions, pound the dent using a hammer. perform small taps rather than long ones. Do this on the center of the dent. When using a heavy hammer, the other side should be supported with a dolly.
- Using vice-grip pliers, bend back the bent fenders.
- Once the fixing is completed, install the fender back onto the car in case you removed it.
|car fender, damage, dent, install, protrusion, remove the fender, screwdriver, splash shield|