Removing the ground strapMore often than not, truck beds get damaged. It’s cheaper to replace the bed than to fix it.
What to use: 3/8 ratchet and socket set, torx sockets, 1/4 ratchet for torx sockets, flat-head screwdriver, electric or pneumatic impact wrench.
- Take the 1/4 ratchet and torx sockets and remove the screws that keep the gas nozzle inside the gas door.
- Remove the ground strap using a 3/8 ratchet and 10mm socket. The ground strap is mounted towards the rear of the cab, on the driver’s side.
- Disconnect the taillight harness fro the rear block . Be sure that you disconnect all wiring on the bed. You can use a flat-head screwdriver to release the clips that are connected to the cab.
- Disconnect the bed from the frame using a 3/8 ratchet for disconnecting the 8 bolts. In case you encounter problems with the bolts, use penetrating oil or a wrench.
- Remove the bed off the truck. Assure that there are no wires still connected to the auto the moment you lift the bed.
- Install the new bed. The operations are reversed of removal.
|disconnect the wires from the truck's bed, disconnecting the bed of the pick up truck, pickup truck bed, removing the ground strap, replacing the pickup truck bed|