Tips for applying vinyl car graphics
It’s actually easy to wrap you car in a vinyl graphic, and the result is big. There are 3 layers you apply on the car. The first one that has the role of holding the graphic together before applying it to the car, the second is the graphics itself, and the last, the wax backing that protects the entire thing.
Now follow these steps:
- Make sure there are no traces of dust or grease on the applying surface. Clean it smoothly and then dry the surface perfectly, so that the adhesive will stick to the car. Make sure your cleaners don’t have ammonia in them. This will ruin the wrap.
- Perform a test fit, to see how exactly you will place the graphic.
- Now use a spray bottle with soap water to wet the entire area where you apply the graphic.
- Now take off the wax part and spray the adhesive.
- Now stick the graphic in position and slide it easily. Be very careful with it.
- Now you have to remove any remaining water and air bubbles using a squeegee. Start from the center and advance easily to the exterior. Do this until it is completely smooth.
- Now apply again some water with the spray to neutralize the glue
- The next step is to leave it like this for half an hour to an hour. After this, if the adhesive has dried completely, remove the first layer easily and take care not to remove the vinyl too. If so, go back to step 6.
- Now as a last measure wet the graphic again and try to remove any remaining air from underneath it. It’s recommended you’d wait a day before driving the car again.
|APPLY VINYL CAR GRAPHICS, car vinyl graphics, vinyl, vinyl car decals, vinyl graphic peeling, vinyl graphic washing, vinyl graphics adhesive, wrap|